Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Planting my First Seed

My teaching inspiration has blossomed since I discovered the many teacher bloggers and pinners on the Internet. Their creative visuals, words of advice, and endless ideas to bring into my classroom has helped me create my very own classroom this year. Although this is my third year teaching, I was given the honor of teaching my own substantially separate classroom of special middle school learners this year. It has been positively rewarding and challenging every day. I live for the "ah-huh!"  moments. I rise to the challenges, and try to create a teachable moment out of each. I am empowered every time I take a wrong turn to do better the next time. I know this is where I belong. I also know I wouldn't be teaching if it weren't for my teaching colleagues both near and far. The role modeling, advising, and endless support has given me the power to be my best, to admit my mistakes, and then make many more in an effort to reach students who needed just needed some sunlight and water.

Did I mention I love metaphors?

I hope that if your visiting my blog, I pass along a few tidbits of advice. I hope you can get a good laugh out of my crazy days and that we can collaborate in an effort to teach.

My Best,

Danielle

7 comments:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful word of blogging! I'm excited to "get to know you." I found you via your comment on Kara's blog and had to stop by. I love finding other special ed blog. Feel free to stop by and follow me as well :)

    Brie @ Breezy Special Ed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brie! I have followed you for awhile now and love your posts!
    I am glad you found me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog! I love finding new special ed teachers. I can't seem to find a button to follow your blog. Am I missing it. I would love to be your newest follower.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! I am new to the blogging, so I just added the button to my blog. Also I went and followed you!

      Delete
  4. So neat to see another special ed. teacher taking the blogging reins. You guys have my respect! From one blogger to another, welcome ;)
    -Leslie @KindergartenWorks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am your newest follower! I am a former sped teacher myself but have been in the regular education classroom for the past few years. It is my first year in first! Hoping to make new blogging friends! I just started blogging in January... need to post but still figuring out all the techy stuff:)

    Emma
    Ms. Emma's Edventure

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a new blogger too! I started student teaching in fourth grade and now I teach Pre-K Special Ed. I look forward to following you in your newest journey.
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete